Tuesday, 5 April 2016

'The Chilly Night Throw'

This week I finally completed the crochet throw I started way back in January ... 

'The Chilly Night Throw'
It took eighteen balls of Stylecraft Special Chunky to complete and it will be perfect for Spring and Summer evenings when I have some 'me time' in the garden.

(It was originally planned as a matching throw for my lounge winter curtains! It's been a WIP for far too long!)
Here's how I made it:

6mm hook

  1. Ch 180
  2. sc (UK dc) into 4th chain from hook, ch1, skip 1 ch *sc into next chain, ch1, skip 1 ch* to end of row. Turn 
  3. Ch2, sc (UK dc) into next chain 1 space of previous round *ch 1, sc into next chain 1 space* to end of row. Turn 
  4. Repeat Row 2 until desired size
  5. Edge the throw with simple sc stitch
Each stripe is 11 rows and I weaved in my ends as I went along ... crocheting over them. 
The finished piece is 54" x 68".
Phew! 

4 comments :

  1. That's so pretty! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can i buy that yarn?? i live in boston mass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't know as I live in the UK. Hope you find it.

      Delete