Thursday, 10 March 2016

Cross My Palm With Silver ... Silver Ring Making Workshop

This week I finally cashed in one of my Christmas presents ... an evening at a silver ring making workshop.
It was run by The Quarterworkshop in Birmingham City Centre ... just on the outskirts of the Jewellery Quarter.

I arrived late due to traffic, but that didn't stop me getting stuck in and I soon caught up...
 
...that is until I managed to melt my first ring during one of the annealing stages (I know, I know)
But I soon got back on the saddle and set to work on another piece.
 
This ring came together quicker than my first attempt and plenty of tea, biscuits and laughs broke up the various stages of the make.

Before long I was ready to sand it, hammer it and shape it to size.
Finally, after a silver polish and buff, my silver hammered ring was ready to take home ... excuse the mucky fingers, being a Silversmith is dirty work.

No comments :

Post a Comment