Friday, 30 October 2015

Merry Christmas Mitts

I love a free pattern, so when it came from one of my favourite creators, I was over the moon!  It went straight to the top of my 'To Make' list.
The Merry Christmas Mitts pattern by HanJan Crochet (Hannah Cross) is well written and can be completed very quickly.
The pattern uses one colour yarn, but I used two; Patons Smoothie DK in Blue and Lilac Mix. I think they compliment each other well.

I used a 4mm hook, as recommended on the yarn label.
I had to add a few extra rows as the glove was a little too snug. I carefully worked out my additional stitches so the shell pattern would still work.
As Hannah says, these are just the thing for last minute stocking fillers... though I think they're also just the thing for me!
Check out some more fingerless glove inspiration over at my Project Gallery.

9 comments :

  1. So cute! These look fantastic and so cozy. I really want to try making them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous - yet another project wheer I wish I could crochet:) I like your yarn choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet little gloves, I love your colour choices. What a great present idea too, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant for cold days at an outdoor event, still ca use your fingers. Love the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour combination and they look fabulously warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What super fingerless gloves. I love the colours you have used. Off to look at the pattern, to see if it's within what I could crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mitts, and the colours go so well together. I think a lot of us are now thinking of winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really must learn how to crochet, it's on my to-do list, but the problem is the list keeps growing every day. Love your colour combination choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Merry Christmas Mitts, I love the colors! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete